Communication to Families
Updated Covid-19 Protocols - September 1, 2021
September 1, 2021
Dear Bluejay Family,
The purpose of this communication is to share information we recently reviewed with Three Rivers Public Health Department (3RPHD) regarding how to address positive COVID cases as well as possible exposures.
The following protocols below outline how Three Rivers will direct us to communicate with our families.
Household COVID-19 Exposures
- Unvaccinated individuals living in the home with a person that is positive for COVID-19 will be directed to stay home and self-monitor for symptoms
- Vaccinated individuals living in the home with a person that is positive for COVID-19 will be asked to wear a mask at school and self-monitor for symptoms
Possible School-Associated Cases/Exposures - Absent of a confirmed household exposure, schools are to proceed as if the exposure may have occurred at school.
- Asymptomatic individuals (vaccinated or unvaccinated) in close contact to a positive case at school will be notified and asked to self-monitor for symptoms; parents of students identified as a close contact will be notified
- If an additional positive case occurs within a specified time period, parents of students identified as a close contact will again be notified:
- Asymptomatic, unvaccinated individuals will be asked to self monitor for symptoms and wear a mask
- Asymptomatic, vaccinated individuals will be asked to self-monitor for symptoms
- In the event additional positive cases occur within a specified time period, parents of students identified as a close contact will again be notified:
- Unvaccinated individuals will be directed to stay at home and self-monitor.
- Asymptomatic, vaccinated individuals will be asked to wear a mask and self-monitor for symptoms
- Additional positive cases within a classroom or grade-level, especially in the event those cases are linked to a possible school exposure, will likely lead the district to implement a mask requirement when inside the building for ALL students and staff (not just those identified as a close contact).
- Widespread possible School-Associated Cases may result in Three Rivers Public Health directing entire classes or groups of students to isolate at home. A building or buildings may also be directed to temporarily cease in-person instruction.
Symptomatic individuals identified as a close contact will be sent home to isolate; testing will be recommended. The timeline for isolating and self-monitoring at home will be dependent on amount of time since the last exposure and/or if the individual chooses to seek a COVID-19 test that results in a negative
It is extremely important that parents keep symptomatic children at home as well as those awaiting results from a COVID test!
In addition, beginning this week, the district will provide weekly updates regarding the impact of COVID on students and staff. The weekly number of positive cases as well as numbers directed by Three Rivers to isolate at home will be shared.
As we experienced last school year, the impact of COVID can change quickly. Should that impact warrant a change to the above procedures, we would work to notify our families as soon as possible. Please know that even though the potential impact of COVID continues to loom, we have truly had a great start to the new school year. Our AGPS team is excited about again working with you in order to best serve our students!